Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:45:26 -0400

> > I was using the OM2000, my other cold weather camera besides the OM1n,
> > and a
> > question came to mind for all those
> > Olympus-loving-but-OM2000-despisers.
> > Would the 2 batteries in the OM2000 make the light meter work longer
> > in the
> > cold than the one battery in the OM1n (357's in both of mine)? Either
> > way,
> > the batteries were still working when the cold drove me off the windy
> > deck,
> > so I guess it's irrelevant.
> > Did I hear someone complaining it was down to freezing where they are
> > today?
> > Pathetic  :-)
> > Wayne
> >

> Even if the battery in the OM1n failed first it would continue to
> function, minus the meter of course unlike the Cosina camera. :-)
>

> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California, USA

The Cosina OM2000 is all mechanical, and so works fine at all functions,
except for the meter of course. This is what makes it one of the few truly
cold weather cameras, like the OM1 or 1n. Sometimes I wonder if the disgust
for the OM2000 is maybe just a lack of the facts. Why does it get praise
when it is configured as a RF and called a B*ssa or Vo*gtlander, and takes
Le*ca lenses, but in its original configuration as an OM, it gets mostly
disdain? Oh well, its good in that it makes them cheap to buy, unlike the
B*ssa's.
Wayne