Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:17:23 -0400

> Tonight there is a brilliant full moon over south eastern New Brunswick.
> Driving home on the Trans Canada Highway the moon rose over the north
> eastern horizon at about 5pm and the view reminded me of the image by
Galen
> Rowell
> John Hudson

I was just out looking at it tonight too, John. Took me about 8 seconds... I
thought of taking a couple shots but it is just too COLD... -23 degrees
here!
I was on the Deer Island ferry today taking some shots of the mist rising
off the salt water, and snow covered islands the ferry weaves through, etc.
Terribly cold on the water!
I was using the OM2000, my other cold weather camera besides the OM1n, and a
question came to mind for all those Olympus-loving-but-OM2000-despisers.
Would the 2 batteries in the OM2000 make the light meter work longer in the
cold than the one battery in the OM1n (357's in both of mine)? Either way,
the batteries were still working when the cold drove me off the windy deck,
so I guess it's irrelevant.
Did I hear someone complaining it was down to freezing where they are today?
Pathetic  :-)
Wayne