Re: [OM] OT --laid off :(

Subject: Re: [OM] OT --laid off :(
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:13:41 -0800

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 11:14  PM, James N. McBride wrote:

My network is used by a total of two people most of the time...my wife and
me. Once in a while one other person.

Actually the way I understand that cable broadband works, you are on a network with everyone else who subscribes to the cable company service. And your speed is governed by how many are on line. And you should probably set up the usual network safeguards to protect yourself from hacking by a fellow subscriber.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA