[OM] Re: OM-4T + non-OM flash question (Duh)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4T + non-OM flash question (Duh)
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:04:03 -0500
Oops - nix that one. When I tried with the big strobe all worked fine. The
light then came on (pun intended) and I retried with the small flash, giving
generous flash on a white target. No problem.

Probable explanation: the main subject in the first test was small, and a
lot of the rest of the scene was farther from the flash. Fall-off gave less
light there, and the camera was patiently waiting for more.

A bit embarrassing, but instructive. If you want to use auto, make sure the
camera isn't fooled. Spot mode would have been appropriate here.

Regards,
Andrew