Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:25:41 +0800
I just make a joke, I still have lots of Olympus gears (over 25
different Zuikos) on hand and I'm very happy with them. I just upgrade
my Olympus AF system with a 24/2.8, 50/2.8 and a OM-101 too, if you
want something sharp both will sure satisfy your need. Film camera has
much more fun than digital, if you go fully digital you can only say
my camera body is with better CCD, lower noise circuitry and better
software than yours. Lens is no longer an important parameter as long
as the resolution is good. Color/contrast and tone reproduction is all
within the camera, if not, PhotoShop can help. Shift? one can easily
made with distortion tool in PhotoShop, no challenging at all. I have
never think of completely go digital or changing format, 35mm fit my
needs very well. But I will follow the digital track, there is
something you cannot do with digital and it has its own fun.

C.H.Ling