RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W

Subject: RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:48:03 -0800
Many good suggestions in this thread.  A few other thoughts:

I don't use a changing bag.  I wait 'til after sundown and retreat to the
hall bathroom with all the lights turned off at that end of the house.  And
I can't remember where I left the changing bag.  Anyway, loading reels
inside a bag does require quite a bit of dexterity.  I find it lots easier
standing at the counter in the dark without a bag squeezing on everything.

Popping the film cassette end off with a church key is easy.  Remembering
where you left the church key last time you souped film is hard - is there a
trend developing here? (so keep it with your tank and other stuff - nobody
uses it for beer anymore.)

Gary Edwards

With their increasing scarcity the time is ripe to rename it as a photographic film cassette opener and sell it for $25.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California