Re: [OM] Doing your own B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] Doing your own B&W
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:18:31 -0700
At 03:41 PM 13/12/2002 -0500, John Hermanson wrote:
Pulling the film through the light tight felt again invites the possibility
of scratches.  Carry a medium size pair of wire cutters into the darkroom.
In the dark it is very easy to grip the edge of the cassette with the
pliers. Then just pull the end cap off.

I've heard this objection many times, and yet I've used this technique off and on for the last 30 years or so, and have yet to experience *any* significant scratching whatsoever. Am I just inhumanly clean, or are most people obsessing too much on this point?

Garth