RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W

Subject: RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:40:36 -0000
Albert asked:

        Since I've never done it before, can someone list the items I need
to do
        my own B&W development?

        I need a darkbag, a can, and a clock.  That's all I know.  Please
tell
        me more about my darkroom needs.

For developing a film, you also need:

gadget to get the end off the cassette

thermometer

big measuring cylinder (big enough for the volume your developing tank
needs)

small measuring cylinder (for accurately measuring the undiluted chemicals)

bowl to fill with water at the temperature of the developer, to keep the
tank at the right temperature

squeegee, to remove excess water after the final rinse

somewhere dust-free to hang the developed film while it dries

bottles to keep stop and fix - you can use them again

Alan Wood