Re: [OM] Final advice needed - Metz flash or not

Subject: Re: [OM] Final advice needed - Metz flash or not
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:04:47 -0500
Cc: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 12/10/2002 11:46:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think you're right, as other thread has discussed the (non-)merit of the
> diffusers. Sigh, so we are stuck with a problem with no
> simple solution?

Well, I'm not sure that applying a little exposure compensation isn't a fairly
simple solution. The trick is recognizing the circumstances where you need to
apply it. Almost all of my flash work is done on negative film, so I'm fairly
conservative with the compensation, figuring a little overexposure is better
than underexposure it this situation. I'm also not afraid to ask my lab to
reprint stuff that I think could be done better. Those minilabs do auto
exposure, too, so they'll tend to overexpose the print if the background is too
dark, as well.

Hope this helps,

Paul