Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:00:19 +0800
I know some people like to show prints of 8x10 or 16x20. I have seen some
older photo fans who took a dozen or two of 16x20 to show after coming back
from a photo trip but it is rare for the younger one (ok, young means around
40), most of them shoot only slides and they are using loupe and light box
to view the slides. When we gather together almost 90% are slides, I
admitted we have only a few slide show done but people just not interested
in print. I can say all people will tell you viewing slides are much much
better than print, it shows the original quality of the film, lens and the
shooting technique. For me print is only for family and family trip photos,
I will not print hundreds of 8x10 for this purpose, a small album is good
enough.

On the other hand I do run slide show for my own viewing, I enjoy it even
without other looking at them. If I want more people to see them I will show
them on my home page.

C.H.Ling