[OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?

Subject: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?
From: Dr Timothy Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:16:50 -0800 (PST)
C.H.'s pont about how amazing color slides can be when projected is a good one
but,in this long debate,people who actually crop their pictures seem to be
forgotten.  When shooting black and white I frequently enlarge to greater than
12x14" and then crop/print on 8x10.  This is not common for me in color because
I seldom print color and custom prints get to be expensive. In the case of
digital where you might be more likely to manipulate the image in photoshop,
you are probably even more likely to crop and hence need better resolution.

Regards,

Tim Hughes

TimHughes@xxxxxxxx