Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:40:58 -0800
I guess that let's me off the hook. I'm not a "real photog", so I can just do and enjoy any picture taking, printing, etc. that I want to without any rules. Suits me!

I simply prefer a nice print. Unlike C.H., I don't get much of a thrill out of a 4x6. Nice 8x10s or larger really do it for me. I could never afford that in the past, but the digital darkroom and great photo quality ink-jets have changed all that - and I love it. Besides, I can't scare up an audience willing to sit still for a slide show any more. If a slide is projected without anybody to watch it, is the image really there?

Moose

John A. Lind wrote:

I'm with both Bob and Daryl . . . except I'll modify that to a more politically correct "real photogs shoot slides." Use a good projector lens! As important as the glass on the camera when the image was made. For those with Carousel type projectors, the generic Kodak 4" and their inexpensive zoom are not as good as the Schneider Vario-Prolux. For **real** WOW factor, project a MF tranny! DON'T follow it with a 35mm show.