Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpack/case question.
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:36:16 -0800
> I am thinking that a backpack might be a good idea for my photography
> treks......

Bill,
I bought a lowePro miniTrekker which i liked fine except most of the
time it was too big for what i needed. It easily holds two bodies and
many lenses and assessories plus tripod, extra clothes and lunch. So i
bought a Micro Trekker 200 which still holds plenty.  It holds a body
with 300/4 attached plus length to spare so probably would hold a big
white, green or whatever. The Mini Trekker would easily do so. (Somebody
could send me one and I'll check it out :>)
Henry's in Toronto has a good price on camera bags through their *bay
outlet. The backpack style bags are most comfortable to carry if you are
seriously hiking but aren't very convenient of access. I usually just
keep a camera out around my neck with the rest in the back pack. The
Mini/Micro series hangs the tripod off the bottom which isn't very good
for a long hike but doesn't block access to the bag. I wish they had the
option of strapping the tripod in a vertical position on the back of the
bag. I might add a couple of loops to mine for this porpose. The bigger
and much more expensive bags have this option but they are way more bag
than i need or want. I rarely use the Minitrekker anymore as the micro
trekker does what i need. For example i took it on a 5 mile walk this
afternoon with one body and perhaps 8 lenses and assorted filters,
monopod, apple, dog biscuits, gloves, pull over, compass, binocs, etc.
For your use with the big glass the mini trekker might be best.

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West