Re: [OM] Zuiko 100mm f/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 100mm f/2.8
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:46:31 -0800
on 11/21/02 8:40 PM, Bryan Pilati at bryan223@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Whoever
> bought the Ockmann 100mm lens better not sell it on ebay, or ELSE!!!  It may
> seem strange, but I want to use mine to take pictures.
>
> Bryan Pilati
> OM-2n; IS-3
> Va-USA
> Disclaimer:  I'm always joking
> unless I should be serious.

This is just how I felt about the recent Fang OM-3Ti with 50/1.2 that
"Budzeg" stumbled onto... of course it was back up on the 'bay within days
and near as I can tell he made about $1000 profit on the transaction. Of
course, if money is all you care about you could just rob banks... and I'd
put this transaction just above a crime. Its kind of like all the CEO's who
got offered IPO shares for 'considering' using the same investment bankers
for their corporate business... definitely low morality IMO.

Unknowledgable sellers are rare enough that when they do appear I want to be
the *first* to see their auctions... its *all* keeper stuff for me! Plus,
that's about the only way I'll ever get a 3Ti. <sigh>
--

Jim Brokaw