RE: [OM] Film scanners and printers

Subject: RE: [OM] Film scanners and printers
From: Trevor Urlwin <trevorupsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:34:29 -0800
Hi
I have been considering this scanner as well and have read people on the
list talk about using it for medium format.  I have also read some comments
on the list maybe, but certainly in other places on the net that suggest
that it is not sharp enough for 35mm.

Does anyone on the list with personal experience of this scanner have an
opinion.  If it will do the job I want with 35mm as well as its other
benefits, it seems like a very good buy.

Trevor Urlwin

Chris wrote:

> I also use an Epson 2450 Perfection flatbed/film scanner for 645
> negs.  This scanner is lovely: fast, high resolution and versatile.

Fast ?  I guess it depends on what you compare it with.

Chris, have you used it much for scanning prints ?  I'd be interested in
your comments.

...Wayne