RE: [OM] Film scanners and printers

Subject: RE: [OM] Film scanners and printers
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:42:09 -0500
At 01:44 PM 11/18/02 +0100, Roger D. Key wrote:

This is not a response as such; I am also considering investing in an Epson
scanner, but in my case the 2400. The performance of the 2400 and the 2450
seems to be very similar from the specifications, but the 2450 costs 50-70%
more. Does anyone have a real comparison, and a good reason for purchasing
the 2450 instead of the 2400?

Hi Roger,

You might consider holding off on buying either one for a couple of months. The 2450 has been discontinued in Japan and replaced by a 3200dpi model. Speculation is that it will be introduced to the rest of the world early next year.

Later,
Johnny