Re: [OM] WARNING -- e*ay scam message - see below...

Subject: Re: [OM] WARNING -- e*ay scam message - see below...
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:45:31 -0700
I received the following message yesterday:

            From:
                 aw-verify@xxxxxxxx
          Subject:
                 Access restricted: verify your account information
              To:
                 bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date:
                 Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:49:22 +0530
                 8001

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't
verify your current information. Either your
information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted. To
start using your eBay account fully, please update and
verify your information by clicking below :

https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyInformation

Regards,
eBay

***Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A
Response***

I assume that this is another password harvest scam.

Bill Stanke

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> Jim,
> I agree . . . it has all the trappings of a hoax to harvest accounts and
> their log-in passwords.
<snip>