Re: [OM] OM-2's -- who needs 'em?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2's -- who needs 'em?
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:33:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2002 1:52:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Sorry, that was a bit of a cop-out

not at all...let's face it, much like guns, cars, or most "tools", this is a
"choose your weapon" kind of decision that is usually shaded by your first
exposure to the medium. If you start with an OM1, you are usually a diehard
OM1-er. Not I..I started with the OM1 but instantly fell in love with the
black OM2 in '75 and carried it on my body for years, thus a long-standing
affinity.(kind of like my 25-yr-old artificial hip!)

the OM-2, while very like the OM1 in size and weight, has handy auto features
and also has exceptionally long exposure capability, making it popular
amongst the astro community or those of us with firework fetishes <g>

because of its small size and weight, it feels much more "OM-ish" to those of
us that started with the system back in '74 than the later, clunckier OM4T.
We bought into the lighter, newer technology so going larger and thicker is a
step backwards, regardless of a spot meter.

When I put the OM2 in my hands, I feel like I am "home".
Susan
Who has 2) 1's, 1) 2, and one 4T.

Who needs 'em??? MOI!

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA

"The sewing machine, like the rifle gun, that beats the world is a
Remington".