Re: [OM] OM-2's -- who needs 'em?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2's -- who needs 'em?
From: derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:51:46 -0400
On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 12:17  pm, Walt Wayman wrote:

What's with this obsession some of you have with the OM-2S? Or with any
OM-2, for that matter.  I've got an OM-1N, simplicity and elegance
personified.  I've got an OM-3, essentially a 1 with the brain of a 4.
I've got six 4's, three plain, three of the T suffix sort, and these are the bodies I use most. Three of them I've had since 1984, and there's been
nary a problem.  (Believe it or not, not even a CLA, although I'm
considering sending them off to John or Clint this winter.)

I don't consider myself as much of a Zuikoholic as some others on this list (mainly because my checkbook doesn't allow for it!) and having never used another OM-series body before, I'm not sure I'm really "qualified" to field this one, but the OM-2 is the camera I started with several years ago when I first took a photography course. All I can say is that it's a great camera, simple to use and I am very comfortable with it, so much so that I actually decided against switching to Nikon or Canon a few months ago when the photography bug hit me again and I decided that I wanted a wide angle lens (this, despite the fact that the lenses I buy for it are basically "dead end"). As a casual/amateur photographer, I have been more than happy with its performance (mirror lockup would be nice, but I can see only limited use for that for my purposes). All this to say... I'm happy and comfortable enough with my OM-2 that I don't see any pressing need to switch to another OM-series camera.

Sorry, that was a bit of a cop-out, wasn't it?  =)

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce