Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:24:22 +0800
It is rather strange, I have never seen a lens tested over 100lpmm in
Pop photo (some recent 10 year's lens test ) and Modern Photography
at:

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-zuiko-tests.txt

I have made a test on some Zuikos ten years ago, with the following
lenses tested only the 50/3.5 at F5.6 can resolve to 70lpmm:

16/3.6
24/2
35/2
50/1.4 S/N 3xx,xxx
50/3.5
85/2
135/2.8

Test target: CCITT chart for fax and photocopier.
Illumination: T32 at 45% to target.
OM4Ti on tripod, cable release.
Film: Fuji Velvia
Projection: Leica 255 with Colorplan P2 90/2.5 (project to 100 inch)
Microscope: M6x+WF10 eyepieces.
Apertures tested only wide open and F5.6

C.H.Ling