Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm film lost the battle against digital ?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 23:22:38 -0500
At 22:45 10/6/02, Clemente wrote:
Get ready, this could be a long thread......

Yes, could be . . .

I forgot to ask:
How much does this 32MB per image digital camera cost? Not just the camera body, but the lenses, batteries, memory sticks, and all the other peripheral paraphanalia too (computer, software, etc.)?

I did a quick and dirty business case for a pro friend who was contemplating making the leap earlier this year. We figured about $20k to do a start-up digital conversion to his studio that would generate acceptable 8x10's, and maybe, if he was very, very lucky, 11x14's. That was only what was necessary for the start-up. There would be additional costs, as with any studio, once it was running with minimal equipment. He's still using film.

-- John