Re: [OM] Junk or treasure

Subject: Re: [OM] Junk or treasure
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:32:48 +0800
Ok, I try to add some more:

Size and weight?
- need to fit easily into your favorite camera bad, not too heavy to occupy
too much on you carrying capability.

Handling?
- Some lens are not too good in weight balance like the Zuiko 65-200, the
front is too heavy when zoom in.

Focusing speed?
- The focusing angle must be optimized, too small is very critical in
focusing, too large will be very slow. The Zuiko 35-105 is just too large at
the wide end
- Focusing friction, suitable damping is need, not too much and not too
little. Like some Lei*a R lens I have tried, they are too tight and focusing
angle is also too large, like the 180/2.8 APO.

Of course it will depends on how you use the lens, if you put on the tripod
for landscapes, there will be no problem.

C.H.Ling