Re: [OM] madness! thinking of ditching an OM for a c@non?

Subject: Re: [OM] madness! thinking of ditching an OM for a c@non?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:27:34 -0500
At 21:19 9/29/02, Les Clark wrote:
In <4.3.2.7.2.20020929190624.056367e0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 09/29/02 at
08:05 PM,
   "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Likely a
>Yashicamat 124g; would like a Rolleiflex, but don't want to spend that
>much  $$ on a TLR.

You might regret that, but in any case a Rolleicord at f/8.0 and beyond
will equal just about any 'Flex.

'Tis true . . . might regret it later . . . but already have a MF SLR. It would be the #2 rig in the MF bag . . . something a bit lighter than the SLR with prism finder and a backup that can use 220. Many of the Rollei TLR's, as nice as they are with phenomenal lenses, run 120 only. Of those that can be converted to 120/220, many have not been and I definitely want to use 220 in whatever MF gear I have. You're right that the Yashica is a bit soft at the wider apertures. They start to pick up better sharpness at f/5.6 with the sweet spot from f/8 through f/16, similar to the 'cords. The later Y'mats also have a weaker winding gear train than the earlier ones. It's all tradeoffs.

So many things on the "want" list.
<sigh>

-- John