Re: [OM] OM topics: We have talked about everything, so . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] OM topics: We have talked about everything, so . . .
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:59:06 -0700
At 11:58 PM 9/27/2002 -0400, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
... Then it occurred to me why not a discussion of something which actually might produce some interesting results, like what Zuiko do you have in your kit that is seldom if ever used and why is it still there. Folks could share which lens it is and why they don't use it and then might get some suggestions from the list on how others use it or perhaps some offers to buy or trade it for something else. It might get some Zuikos getting adopted out to good homes that woul! d put them to work. ...

Hi Bill, I tend to sell off stuff that I don't use much. For example, I sold the 200/4 a couple months back precisely I never used it. After I got a >1.1mil 50/1.4, I sold off the "lesser" 50/1.4. There are a few lens that I bought (I was/is kind of in a binge of getting the "best" Zuikos)that I don't use much but I doubt I will get rid of. For example, I hardly use the 35/Shift.

Then there's the changing favorite type of thing: for a while, I used the 50/1.4 a lot, then switched to 40/2. Currently, I am back to the 50/2.