Re: [OM] Shhhhhhhhh...

Subject: Re: [OM] Shhhhhhhhh...
From: "Ian BManners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 03:18:05 +1000 (EST)
Hi Bill

I still have 2 DEC Rainbow 100B here, one has a 5MB HD, the
other has a 80MB harddisk, great machines to modify the
BIOS with. If yours still needed the boot disk, they would
have been the A models, just needed replacement BIOS's.

I still have FrameWork IV on one of them, running under
CodeBlue (IBMPC Emulator).

>At one time we had the DEC Rainbow, the Texas Instruments Professional,
>and the (original five-slot) IBM PC.  The DEC and the TI were both
>superior machines, but were not 100% IBM-compatible.  I ended up in
>charge of buying PCs for the office, and endured much abuse from the IT
>manager for not buying the TI PC.  They (TI PC) emulated a TI 931 CRT,
>and hooked up to the  TI 990/10 mini computer. DX-10 anyone?

Shame that IBM didnt use some of the DEC or TI standards but DEC
charged, IBM didnt, that was there winning point :-)

I want answer the rest, as I'm now starting to feel OLD !

Cheers
Ian B Manners