Re: [OM] Camera bag recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera bag recommendations
From: derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 11:57:51 -0400
Hi,

Well, first off to everyone who wrote in with their suggestions... wow! That was more than I bargained for. Lots of information to digest over the weekend.

I went to a local camera store and checked out the Lowepro series. They had several bags available and almost all of them were either too big or just to odd-looking for me, so I'm beginning to think Lowepro may not be in my immediate future. (I can understand why so many people swear by them, though.)

I have not yet gotten my hands on Tamrac bags, but there is a local camera shop I may check out tomorrow since they are closed today. Incidentally, I also saw the P211 on Tenba's website (http://www.tenba.com/camera/P211.htm) and also the P215 (http://www.tenba.com/camera/P215.htm). My only concern about the P211 is that it doesn't look very padded and they do not mention if it is waterproof at all. Otherwise, this would probably be my ideal bag. Very light, non-descript and thin, while being able to carry a reasonable amount of cargo. I like the fact that the P215 is expandable, though.

I'll go to a magazine shop to see if I can track down the September issue of Practical Photography. The article on bags does seem particularly helpful.

The 608 looks good. If the camera shop has it, I'll take a look at that.

Oh yes, someone (Wayne?) asked about the Great White North.. that would be Canada in this case.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming!  =)

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce