Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors

Subject: Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:36:08 -0500
I agree with Chris also. I also agree with Brian's earlier observation about Kodachrome. It has excellent gradation of color, and (as Brian observed) it is also has higher contrast compared to other chromes. However, it has been my experience that achieving the subtle color gradation from Kodachrome requires compression of shadow toward highlight; I estimate it at about 4 stops absolute maximum. I first noticed its low contrast gradation characteristics under heavy overcast and in open shade.

-- John