Re: [OM] Camera bag recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera bag recommendations
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:02:23 -0400
Derek,

For non- traditional photo bags, a school kid's book bag is the right size
for your kit.  This time of year, you can find tons to choose from of course
but they aren't insulated so there's no protection against dropping or
bitter winter chill.  They sit on your shoulder blades and cost next to
nothing.

Also consider a diaper bag or beer cooler.

I bought a gym bag cause I have more stuff.  Then I shopped the Rubbermaid
aisle and found the best available tall plastic box to give the gym bag a
shape that stays open.

Have you ever seen a pad that sits at the bottom of a sink to keep glassware
from banging around in a stainless steel sink?  I put a white one of those
in the bottom and did not take the shrink-wrap off.  I haven't used it as a
reflector yet but in the mean time, it keeps shocks off the body and lenses.

I have hard cases for almost everything so I feel okay about the stuff.

It was really cheap but best of all, I can lock the gym bag it in the car
and not worry that someone's gonna steal it.

Lama

ps, I recommend you DON'T buy a camera bag via the Intenet or mailorder.
You need to try it out.