Re: [OM] Fungus on Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungus on Lens
From: Benson Russell <snapper@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:53:29 +0100
> I have a 50 mm lens with fungus on the inner elements. From reading the
> archives it seems that "Pond's Cold Cream" and a de greaser is the way to
> go. My problem is how do I dismantle the lens to get at the fungus?

Hello Tom,

Very interested to hear how people respond to this posting. I send my lenses
to Mr Cad in Croyden, UK - with very good service but mixed results. Since
there are some lenses that I need on an ongoing basis, and a couple with
'bits' inside, I'd like to be able to strip them and clean etc when needed.

I concluded, as you have, that if you're 'handy', it comes down to exploded
diagrams and the right tools, but I suspect also a bit of special technique
for dust control, lubrication  etc

I'd love to know.

Ben Russell

Kealkil