AW: [OM] Tokina 80-200 AT-X Lens Hoos (Was: Lenshood #s for Tokina AT-X

Subject: AW: [OM] Tokina 80-200 AT-X Lens Hoos (Was: Lenshood #s for Tokina AT-X 90mm & 28-85mm lenses?)
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:37:50 +0200
I got a little confused with this (the way the hood mounts to the lens) too.
Moose mentioned a 'little groove' and I first thought of the bayonet mount I
know from my dad's late 90s Tamron zoom. Than I had a closer look at my lens
(and a dictionary) and found I actually have a 'little groove' on my old MF
80-200/2.8. No bayonet but a simple narrow groove engraved on the outside of
the metal front ring (goes all the way around the lens).

So is the MH-774 the right hood for the older MF versions too?
I can't confirm the $60 Jim Brokaw mentioned but it's still a 25,- EURO for
the #MH-774 hood in germany.

Yesterday I wrote the seller of my Tokina if he still has the hood (maybe he
just forgot about it, you never know). No answer yet.

Jochen