Re: [OM] OM-10 Help Wanted

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-10 Help Wanted
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 19:42:27 -0700
on 8/8/02 1:39 PM, Matt Crawley at matt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> For instance: A Zuiko 18mm/f3.5 set at f16 and focused at 1 meter gives
> close focus to 0.5 meters but focuses PAST infinity on far focus. Using this
> scale I realized that I could focus the lens closer (.75 meters) and I could
> still have EVRYTHING from 0.35 meters to infinity in focus as long as I kept
> the aperture at f16.
>
> This might sound complicated but it's really very easy and it will help you
> to get to know your lenses and there characteristics.
>

> - Matt Crawley

Matt, you've got a $1000 point-and-shoot... <g>. I think you're still best
off focusing, although the 18/3.5 can be hard to focus... everything looks
pretty good all the time.

New user --

My recollection of the OM manuals is that they cover the extreme basics of
getting pictures from the camera pretty well, does our new user have an
OM-10 manual? The note about photo classes is a good one also, you can learn
a *lot* in a hurry that way, just be openminded and test everything people
tell you. If you prove it for yourself, you'll sort out the best suggestions
from the mistaken ideas others may be holding onto.

On this list, you won't get any bad suggestions, but I recommend paying
particular attention to John Lind's posts. You could make a fine photo
course out of the one's I've saved so far... <g>

Welcome to the OM-Zuiko road to financial ruin...
--

Jim Brokaw