RE: [OM] Starting the packing process

Subject: RE: [OM] Starting the packing process
From: "Larry J. Clark" <ljclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:53:16 -0400
Hmmmm....

Two bodies?  Backpacking?

My suggestion?  One body.  Take your pick.  Decide on one type of film.
Bring extra batteries if you plan on long exposures.  Bring along three
small stuff sacks, since you'll probably need some extra weight to keep that
"backpacker's" tripod steady (put dirt, sand, or rocks in the bag -- dump
when finished).  If the photography is going to be the major driving force
of this trip, rent a horse or burro.

Lenses?  Forget the 200mm.  Just don't worry about the shots that require
it.

Working up from the one body concept...

  -- One lens:  35mm (If this is the case, why SLR?)

  -- Two lenses:  35mm & 100mm (with tubes) -- This is my favorite!

  -- Three lenses:  24mm, 50mm, & 100mm (no tubes), or
                    24mm, 35mm, & 100mm (with tubes)

Some wag suggested the 1.4x converter, but I didn't see any lenses it would
work on.

Have a fun time!

Larry

 Paradigm Associates...
  "Providing Complex Solutions for Simple Problems"
     Visit our web site at:
         http://www.twodimes.org
     or set your navigation system to:
         38-46.883N  77-15.818W