Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 04:21:03 -0500
I'd be interested to know what they are saturated with - as they do not smell strongly of alcohol - and even 50 0sopropyl/water smells strongly. Whatever the Zeiss wipes are and soaked in - they leave no visible residue at all that I can see. The material likewise leaves no trace at all.

I do not use them often - only if some air and light use of a microfiber won't do. For this they are perfect, and I am sure very safe. Zeiss would have known they would get widespread use on all kinds of lens coatings.

Cheers,
Lee