Re: [OM] zuiko 135mm 2.8 or 3.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 135mm 2.8 or 3.5?
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:05:02 GMT
Cc:
>Sorry, reference is to a faster lens which gives more light
>and a shallower DoF in the viewfinder.  If you want a "feel"
>for the difference, stop a lens down to f/2.8 and depress the
>DoF preview button.  Then stop it down to f/4 and do the same.

That's what I thought you meant, but I was confused when the
first few sentences referred to f3.5 lenses and the last few
sentences referred to fast lenses, all in one paragraph.

On a related subject, I'd like to hear your opinion on my
"Ranking of cheap wide angle lenses" post. Considering your
comments on f3.5 lenses, I'm curious if you think that makes
the 21/3.5 lens worse than the 24/2.8 lens.

Pete