Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)
From: Andrew Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:40:54 -0700
Cc: wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:22:08 +1200, "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And - was it the designer of the first Maseratis ? with lethally bad brakes,
> of
> whom I have seen quoted "My cars are made to go, not stop"  !!!  Or maybe
> Bentley; I'm not sure right now.

Sounds suspiciously like the quote attributed to Mr. Lucas that says "A
Gentleman does not drive after dark."

But today's plastic isn't the plastic we remember from the sixties, seventies
or even early eighties.  Oh and speaking of which, did anyone else see the
photo of the melted Saturn in the photo section of http://news.yahoo.com a few
weeks back?  I think it was in the Arizona fires and the doors and other
plastic side-panels melted off of the framework.  Very cool photo.

        andy

ps. What's this about METAL cameras, anyway?  Everyone knows that REAL cameras
are made out of MAHOGANY and perhaps red leather bellows!