Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:22:08 +1200
Hi Winsor

That is not a comparison I'd make.

Some USA-made / designed cars with drum brakes had notoriously poor
braking preformance, not because of the fact of drum brakes, but because of
the inadequate size and design of the drums and shoes.

My Peugeot 404 KF2 has all drum brakes and their performance is
outstanding.

And - was it the designer of the first Maseratis ? with lethally bad brakes, of
whom I have seen quoted "My cars are made to go, not stop"  !!!  Or maybe
Bentley; I'm not sure right now.

Brian