Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Plastic (going *way* OT now...)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:30:54 -0700
I think you have to choose, if allowed, what you want.  I would never
want to go back to the 1950 Ford I drove in high school.  Any modern
automobile, even an inexpensive one,  is better than an old one by
almost any measure. But I still prefer a good manual transmission to
even a well designed automatic because it gives me more control.
Power steering is great because the steering can be designed for best
handling instead of compromised to make it easier to turn the wheel.
I like being able to stop. Remember drum brakes? Wet ones?

I like aperture priority auto exposure, most of the time, but like
the option of manual when auto just will not do it. I see no reason
at all for auto focus which just limits your control.

See the new Minolta camera in which the auto focus computer
recognizes people silhouettes and focuses there?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?