Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?

Subject: Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:26:14 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Lee Penzias wrote:

<SNIP>

> My idea of "product developement" would be to ask those who fix 'em what
> breaks first and most often, why and how. Then make minor adjustments
> accordingly in materials and fine tuning design details (I wish they did
> this with cars too) as opposed to practically scrapping and replacing it
> with something different every couple of years.

Lee,

What you really should do is to join in on the petition to get John and
Clint to start hand-building OM1's :) Of course, they should go by a
different name to avoid lawsuits, but essentially be the same. Heck, maybe
they could join up with Morgan (and IKEA) and make some
"assemble-yourself" kits with your choise of cool leather :)

Seriously, I wish I had the skills to undertake something like that
myself, or that someone else would. I'd probably be ready to pay
leica-like prices for a brand new, quality hand manufactured OM-1 camera
body.

Anyone know if there would be any legal problems if someone should decide
to do this, btw? Is the OM bayonet, for example, protected by some
legalize?

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering