Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?

Subject: Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:34:01 -0700

Lee,

What you really should do is to join in on the petition to get John and
Clint to start hand-building OM1's :) Of course, they should go by a
different name to avoid lawsuits, but essentially be the same. Heck, maybe
they could join up with Morgan (and IKEA) and make some
"assemble-yourself" kits with your choise of cool leather :)

Seriously, I wish I had the skills to undertake something like that
myself, or that someone else would. I'd probably be ready to pay
leica-like prices for a brand new, quality hand manufactured OM-1 camera
body.

Anyone know if there would be any legal problems if someone should decide
to do this, btw? Is the OM bayonet, for example, protected by some
legalize?

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

Leica did this when they reintroduced the M4 years ago.  Collected up
the spare parts and assembled new cameras for sale. Makes for a
pricey camera and you have to have the parts.

However, if someone did it they would probably lose their shirts.
How many people on this enthusiast's list will buy even modestly
priced new Oly stuff even now as it disappears forever.  Ready to buy
a hand built OM 1 for five or six thousand dollars?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?