Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?

Subject: Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:14:52 -0500
Moose,

Good question; I might add that I have not had mine anywhere near long enough to break anything (..yet). But I was only really leaving open the possibility of using what might be better materials for individual parts and fine tuning. I don't know whether the shutter could be coaxed up to 2K and still be of the mechanical variety. Personally, from a user point of view, I like mine like it is :)

My idea of "product developement" would be to ask those who fix 'em what breaks first and most often, why and how. Then make minor adjustments accordingly in materials and fine tuning design details (I wish they did this with cars too) as opposed to practically scrapping and replacing it with something different every couple of years.

Cheers,
Lee