Re: [OM] How to find cheap replacement OM-4?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to find cheap replacement OM-4?
From: Arild Eikenæs Vengen <arild@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 16:05:47 +0200
Bill Stanke wrote:
John's right;  "inexpensive" is a better term.

You are absolutely right, I did in no way mean to imply that OM-cameras are cheap.

Thanks alot for the links and e-mails, the OM-4 at usedphoto.com looked interesting.

You can often find inexpensive third party lens for the OM system that
perform well.  I'm thinking Tamron, Tokina, and Kiron specifically.  They
will be larger and heavier than a comparable Zuiko.  Kiron made a 28 mm f/2
and f/2.8 lens in Olympus mount.  I have the f/2 variety, and have been
pleased with it. I paid $94 (new) for this lens from Adorama, but they
regularly sell for $50 or so on da Bay.  I think that I've seen the f/2.8
version go for around $30 or so.

I looked at the Kiron lens at keh.com and found a favourably test, but after using the Zuiko 28mm f/2,8 I think I will try to locate either this lens or the 24mm f/2,8. The fact that they are smaller (49mm) is also nice. But if I choose to go with third party lenses, which are the ones to awoid (I for myself has got an extremely bad Tokina 70-210 f/3,5 in OM-mount).

Thank again for the advice here on the list.

Regards,
Arild E. Vengen