[OM] A new addition to the family

Subject: [OM] A new addition to the family
From: Simon Gotlieb <simong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:46:11 +1200
Hi everybody.

Well, today I finally got myself an OM-2N to go with my black OM-1 and my
OM40.

It seems to be in pretty good nick, especially considering the price I paid
for it (about US$35) but its missing a couple of parts and the foam's not
particularly good. I'm lucky enough that my contact at the shop I buy from
is an OM buff (used to work for the Olympus people here) and he checked out
the camera for me before I got it. There's no light leaks and shutter speeds
are pretty accurate. He shot some film for me to prove it was okay, as I was
a bit dubious as the foam looked a bit rough.

My main concern though is that the clip on the side that holds the case back
shut is missing a screw and the actual cover for it - that thin slip of
cylindrical metal is missing too.

Does anyone out there have a completely stuffed OM-2N that they would care
to extract this part off? I need the tiny little screw to hold on the latch
clip at the bottom and also that cover that goes over the top. This stuff is
pretty hard to get here in New Zealand.

Simon Gotlieb
Wellington, New Zealand

An OM-1 (black), OM-40, IS-1000 and now an OM-2N!