Re: [OM] OM-1 film advance

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 film advance
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:42:59 -0700
Kyle,

Repairing your own camera falls into the "not a good idea" category.  You
might remove the four screws holding the baseplate, and see if you can
release the shutter from below.  If this doesn't work, I would put it back
on da Bay, and sell it for parts only.  Proceeding further will probably
result in a Zip-loc bag full of interesting-looking parts.

I have had Ken Stauss CLA an OM-1 and OM-2 for me recently.  He charged me
$75, which included new foam seals.  He recently was auctioning off CLA for
$65.

My $.02.

Bill Stanke