Re: [OM] OM-1 film advance

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 film advance
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:09:51 -0700
Unless you have some level of experience with small mechanical repairs (watch,
camera, ect) your best bet would be to send it to John, Clint, or one of the
other pros. Once you have torn it open, and played with it, most of these guys
will (rightly) refuse to repair it. those that do repair it will most likely
charge you extra. Keep in mind that pretty much any eBay buy will benefit from a
CLA, and many will need it in the near future, so you will probably be money
ahead to send it off. If you are planning on using it as a backup, you will want
it to be reliable.

Jim Couch