Re: [OM] Shipping from US to EU - taxes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shipping from US to EU - taxes?
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:35:48 +0200
Thomas asked: Is this really typical to see that much taxes?

The worst I even experienced was made up of several components and
dramatically increased the total.  There was:
   import duty
   customs agent charges (the post office may act as import agent)
   value-added tax
   shipping and insurance
   value added tax on the customs agent charges
   value added tax on the shipping and insurance
and to make it worse, I wasn't home when they tried to deliver it and I had
to drive 50km to the airport to receive it (during working hours only...)

Enjoy the contents!
best regds
Jez