Re: [OM] Shipping from US to EU - taxes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shipping from US to EU - taxes?
From: Frank van Lindert - KNMI <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:09:49 +0200
Thomas,

When I receive photo equipment from the USA and it is taxed, I have to
pay the VAT (MWSt) rate over value + shipping cost. Import duties
almost enver apply...

Much of the equipment meant for Holland goes through German entry
points. In that case I pay 16.5% - which is better than when it comes
in through Amsterdam Intn'l: in that case I have to pay 19% !

50eems outrageous (unless the shipping was very expensive). But you
can always fight the customs claim, if I am not mistaking. Show them
your invoice and they will lower their tax/duties amount.

Good luck,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.