[OM] City lighting

Subject: [OM] City lighting
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:03:00 +1000 (EST)
Hi All

Now that I live in Melbourne, and taking a few photos again
especially with my recent trip back to Kalgoorlie/Meekatharra
and Perth, I am noticing that there is a big difference in the color
of the light. City light absolutely sucks, a bit in Perth but the worst
place is here in Melbourne, photos taken over a distance lack
that edge, and any daylight photos lack the crisp sharp colors,
this is on sunny days with a roll of Kodak 100ASA 36 film used
to take shots in Perth, Kalgoorlie, and finished off in Melbourne.
So I have discounted the film processor, as I've noticed the lack
of vibrant color in other photos I'm taken in Melbourne as well.
And yes, its the same lense :-)

Maybe I should try those silver noses to get a feel for what is
best suited to what type of light ?

I'd be very interested in the experience of others, and if they
use any correction camera filters, of have a preference for film
when taking shots in a city.

I've always been more of a bush and minesite photographer, with
the only real photos taken previously in city's being night/storm/
lightening type photos.

Cheers
Ian Manners