LPs still chugging, was Re: [OM] Re: OT ( OM ) CDROMs

Subject: LPs still chugging, was Re: [OM] Re: OT ( OM ) CDROMs
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:20:49 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>My 30 year old LPs are still as good as the day I bought them.  Don't
store
'em in the attic though.  Or the basement.  Or the garage.  Or in the car.
Or.......

Lamadoo<

Hah!  I've got LPs from the 1950s, mono -- you could only get stereo on
reel-to-reel tape back then -- and they still sound great.  In fact,
although the household CD collection now numbers something over 1300
titles, the LP collection continues to grow too.  Properly stored, kept
clean and played on the right equipment, vinyl simply sounds better.  (My
ears are analog too.)  Again, that's just my opinion.

Walt