Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to o

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to other countries.
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Brian Swale wrote:

> Have I got this right, or are there other aspects I don't understand?
> Frankly,
> I'm puzzled by the need for the veto.

I think the difficulty comes from the fact that he is a manufacturer and not
an individual.  A manufacturer needs to track all their sales and abide by
all the export regulations.  I'm sure there must be some taxation issues
that he must address.  For the small number of foreign sales that he will
have, why doesn't he just sell some of the items to a neutral third party
(eg. his wife) and then have her make the foreign sale.  It seems simple
enough to me, but maybe there are other rules in place to prevent that.
                                        -mark