Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Beljan MD covers & Mailing small stuff from the USA to other countries.
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:08:50 -0700
Legally he is still required to fill out a customs form, even if the item will
fit
in a standard letter. Just because you can 'get away' with not doing so, does
not
mean you are not required to. Some people are uncomfortable with that, and some
just believe in doing the 'right thing.'  The customs form is required when ANY
item is sold outsied the US.

I would be willing to help those outside the country obtain thses if needed.
Ideally someone onthe other end could co-ordinate things and I could just send
one
packet with many caps and they could distribute them on the other end. I also
beleive that John Hermanson of Camtech is pursuing the possibility of selling
the
caps through his business.

Jim Couch

Brian Swale wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been wondering about a post to the group that was made about 2; maybe
> 3 weeks ago.
>
> In it, it was reported that Mr Joe Beljan (hope I have his name right) had
> written about the excellent Olympus MD covers that he makes,  that he
> would not post them outside the USA because of the extra paper-work
> involved.

> And I wondered just what extra paper-work he must be faced with, to take
> such a drastic step?

SNIP